Activate Roku Device
Activate your Roku device to watch the popular channels that have the collection of interesting movies and shows. There are essential steps to be followed to activate the device
Connect Roku streaming player to TV
Roku streaming Players will work with any television that has an HDMI connection. Connect your Roku streaming device to TV using a good quality Ethernet cable, if your television supports 720p and 1080p resolution. Premium high-speed HDMI cable is preferred if the TV supports 4k and 4K HDR
Set up your Roku Device
- If you have older models of television, use a standard and composite video connection instead of HDMI connection
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect Roku player to the Ethernet port
- The next step is to connect the power connector to the Roku player and power adapter to the wall outlet
- Now, Insert the batteries into your remote
- Then, power on your Roku player and a Roku logo will appear on the screen.
Choose the required Language
- Roku screen will be visible and will enable you to Choose the required language
- You can scroll up and down and press ok button on your remote to choose the language
Connect the Device to Internet
An active and secure Internet connection is required to activate your Roku device. Both wired and wireless connections are available and you can choose the required one
- Users who prefer wireless connection must collect the wireless network username and the password.
- Choose wireless during the guided set up.
- List of available networks will appear on the screen. Select the scan option if you are unable to view the list of networks.
- Choose the name of the network.
- Enter the username and the password of your wireless network. Ensure you enter the correct password.
- Press the Connect option to connect the device to the network.
Note – If you prefer wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable to the Roku player
Wait for the Software Download
Once you establish the network connection, Roku device will search for the latest software updates and will download the latest version
To change or set the display type of your device, go to Settings > Display type and make the necessary settings
Set up your Roku Remote
Go to the settings > Remote to set up your Roku remote. You can now control your Roku TV and make the necessary selections
Obtain the Roku activation code
- Make a note of the code that is visible on your TV Home screen.
- Now, visit the website.
- Enter the code and click on the submit button.
Create a Roku account to activate the device
Here is how you can create a Roku link account and link it to your device
- Go to the website and search for the link to create an account.
- Provide your First name, last name, Email and password.
- During the account creation process, you will be suggested to provide the payment information. to purchase popular channels, rent or buy movies. Make a note that Credit cards and pay pal are the widely accepted payment methods.
- Create and enter the Roku pin if you wish to prevent unauthorized purchases.
- Then, follow the onscreen instructions cautiously.
- Once you create the account, Sign in with the credentials provided and link the Roku device to the account
- Once the above steps are complete, your Roku device will be ready to use
- Go to channel store to add the required channels to your Roku account. Use add channel option to add the free channel and Buy option to subscribe the pay channel.