Resolve Netflix HDCP Unauthorized Error
HDCP is the privacy protection standard followed for most of the streaming devices to prevent copying of data. The error occurs due to faulty HDMI cable connected to the device. Let us know the troubleshooting tips in detail to resolve HDCP unauthorized error while streaming the popular Netflix channel.
Most of the Netflix users face this error while streaming the channel on their streaming device. The error will prevent streaming the contents on the Netflix channel.
As the HDCP error occurs, you can view a purple screen on our device with a message “HDCP unauthorized content disabled”.
How to resolve Netflix HDCP unauthorized error on Roku streaming Device?
- If you are using a Roku streaming device, check if you have connected HDMI cable properly to the respective slot. Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable and connect it again
- Try restarting the Roku streaming device once. To restart the device, take out the power cables attached to the device. Remove the power cables and insert it back again. Wait for some time and tap on the power button to restart the device.
- Also, try performing a factory reset or soft reset (To perform soft reset go to settings and tap on the Advanced system settings. Finally, click on the Factory reset option. Type the code that is visible on the Roku device screen when prompted).
- Try replacing the HDMI cable with a new one – Turn off the streaming device, take out the HDMI cable. Insert the new cable to the respective slot and check if the HDCP error is resolved. There are a lot of HDMI cable models available and you can choose the best one that suits your device
- Check the HDMI port once and make sure that it properly inserted. If it is not working or if you come across any errors, try replacing the port with a new one
- Deactivate Netflix and try activating it once again
- Check if the problem is with your device or the cable and try replacing your streaming device with a new one
- By bypassing the receivers of the stereo equipment connect the streaming device directly to the TV
To resolve the error on other streaming devices (Amazon Fire TV stick)
The steps remain the same for other streaming devices. It is good if you power cycle the device once. Power off the device and take out all the cables connected to the device. Wait for some time and connect the cables back again. Power on and start streaming Netflix again.
Troubleshoot HDCP errors and start streaming Netflix.………